Festival Dates & Times:
Saturday, November 5th / 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday, November 6th/ 10:00am – 4:00pm
Door/Gate: $7 Adults, $10 Wknd, $3 Senior/Student, Kids 15 & under free
Advance online tickets: $5 CLOSED, Thanks for purchasing at the Gate!
On the first full weekend in November, The Preserve in Hoover, Alabama will be a regional focus for art, design & environmental lovers everywhere as the 11th annual Moss Rock Festival kicks off. This one-of-a-kind outdoor fall festival welcomes 12,000 visitors annually to explore Nature, Art+Design, and SmartLIVING themes. We guarantee it will be a weekend where discoveries are the norm! Grab friends and family and get outside to explore nature at this premier eco-creative festival in Alabama.
Special features include (Scroll below for Venue Map):
- Artist Row – artists inspired by nature
- +Design – artisans, makers, and special exhibitions
- SmartLIVING Market – eco ideas, a stage, and marketplace featuring products for the home, body, health
- Nature Exhibitors – enjoyment and appreciation of the great outdoors through activities, travel, adventure, parks, sustainability, and preservation
- Crescent Stage – live music from local talent
- Planet Projects – engaging constructions, sculptures, and installations by area schools
- Eco:Drive – fuel-efficient car exhibitions & test drives
- The Sweetery – an array of artful confections and baked goods to sample and purchase from area chefs, caterers, and specialty bakers.
- Beer Garden – sample 50 craft brews from Alabama Breweries & beyond
- WonderKid Studios – workshops using the observation of nature as a launching point for interactive projects and repurposed play that will entertain, educate, surprise, and challenge the imaginations and creative talents of kids of all ages
- Hiking – take a guided hike and explore the adjacent 350 acre Moss Rock Preserve adjacent to the festival site at The Preserve.
- Biking – we invite visitors to bike into the festival, explore The Preserve neighborhood, and valet your bike while you enjoy the festivities.
- Geocaching – GPS hunts in the Moss Rock Preserve and on the festival grounds
- Cafe by the Woods – local food trucks and other festival favorites serving up good food and treats.
- Greenways/Pathways Expo – This special Nature exhibition will highlight and connect visitors with groups that get you OUTDOORS to explore and enjoy miles and miles of trails and sights in Greater Birmingham and the region!
- Master Gardeners Spot – Presentations, tips and advice from experts. Kick start your own green thumb!
- the great outdoors!
Visitors must Park & Ride to the festival from The Hoover Metropolitan Stadium. The shuttles are frequent, free, and easy to use. After a quick glimpse at The Preserve neighborhood, the shuttle will drop you at the festival’s front steps.
Be a part of the Moss Rock Festival:
- Apply to be an exhibitor: Artist, +Design, Nature, SmartLIVING Market, The Sweetery!
- Be a volunteer!
- If you are interested in being a featured food vendor or musical performance, please email us. Or call 205-595-6306.